So, it’s been a while… like most people the holidays got the best of me and my intentions, halting a few things (such as weekly menu updates) so that I could enjoy time with the family away from the responsibilities of everyday life and the normal weekly to-do lists. It was wonderful to leave behind school planning and teaching for two weeks. But, now it’s back to reality. This week’s list is actually that of last week: and for southern measure I threw in a good recipe with black-eyed peas and collards to enjoy on New Year’s Day!
- Tempeh Peanut Noodles with Blanched Kale & Shredded Carrots: Thug Kitchen Cookbook pg.169
- Smoky Black-eyed Peas with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Collards: Thug Kitchen Cookbook pg.64
- Roasted Veggie Stuffed Shells VERY adapted!! Eliminated ALL of the cheese and replaced it with a Baked Almond Cheese. I didn’t use quite all of the almond cheese, but most of it. If using cheese as per the recipe I think you could half everything and it will turn out great and be a little lighter. BTW, The kids LOVED it!
- Lentil Mushroom Walnut Balls with Pear-Cranberry Sauce & Mashed Potatoes
- Mango, Zucchini, Black Bean Pizza subbed a cashew cheese sauce for the cheese in the recipe. The recipe we used was similar to this Cashew Queso Dip but minus the tomatoes.
- Pozole Rojo: Thug Kitchen Cookbook pg.90
- Veggie Pot Pies (filling recipe to be posted this week) using this dough recipe
I hope you had a wonderful end to 2015 and that 2016 is treating you well! Happy New Year to everyone!