Wow, did the Thanksgiving holiday mess up our family, schedule wise! I’m just now catching up on life and getting everything in order. So while a little late, I figure better late than never, here is another week’s worth of meals! We had a few flops this week, I tried some recipes from two new sites that looked great but execution or editing of recipes left a bit to be desired.
- Braised cabbage, potatoes and carrots (from Thug Kitchen Cookbook pg.48) with southwestern quinoa bites (these were a big flop!)
- Winter Veggie Hominy Hash en Croute my husband and I loved the sauce that goes with this but the girls were more than okay with some homemade ketchup on it.
- Whole roasted carrots, black bean burgers, and marinated kale: all three of these were from Oh She Glows’ cookbook but similar recipes can be found on her website Oh She Glows
- Split Pea and Potato Curry Soup I want to try this over a bed of rice next time. Oh, and we always half the garam masala because ours has a bit of a kick for the kids.
- Pumpkin Avocado Tostadas with spanish rice (from Thug Kitchen pg.81) the tostadas weren’t a huge hit but they weren’t a total let down either.
- Super Vegan Bowl with creamy pesto we did mashed potatoes, replacing the couscous
- spaghetti with tomato sauce and Caeser Salad
- Roasted Brussel sprouts with walnuts and a squeeze of lemon over black rice
- Broccoli Pesto Mac n Cheese with broccoli on the side
- Tortilla Soup with avocado on top: I totally had the intentions of following the recipe from Thug Kitchen’s cookbook but lacked about 3 key ingredients so I fudged it… it still turned out great though!