Our meals for this past week were pretty quick prep wise, maybe in ancipation for the upcoming Thanksgiving prep work. I usually start meal prep 2 or 3 days before Thanksgiving so I really don’t want to cook the week before!
I did find a new bread recipe this week: 90 minute bread! It is a very easy and quick recipe. I made a few changes like replacing 1/4 cup of flour with vital wheat gluten, and using all whole wheat flour. We also don’t own a pizza stone so I used a large cast iron skillet instead. It turned out beautifully!
- Massaman curry over quinoa
- Thai sweet potato burgers (on bread with siracha mayo) and roasted broccoli
- Quick southwestern style kidney bean and corn soup (this is from Supermarket Vegan) with cornbread
- Mushroom and pinto bean burritos with salsa (also from Supermarket Vegan)
- Roasted pumpkin with tomato sauce over baked potatoes (from How To Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman)
- Hearty lentil,mkale, and potato soup with garlic bread
- Soba noodles with red cabbage and pumpkin seeds (adapted from Supermarket Vegan, I will post this recipe soon)
We didn’t plan any lunches this week as we had leftovers from quite a few dinners. Plus, I’ve been really enjoying a wrap of veggies with hummus, or cashew cheese sauce, and lots of lettuce for lunches.